Skip to main content

The Ghost Writer


IMDB: 7.4/10
Rotten Tomatoes: 84%
Roger Ebert: 4/4 Stars

Release Date: 19 March 2010

Stars: Ewan McGregor, Pierce Brosnan, Jim Belushi, Kim Cattrall, Olivia Williams.

Written by: Roman Polanski (Screenplay), Robert Harris(Novel, Screenplay)
Directed by: Roman  Polanski


Described by IMDB as " An unremarkable ghost-writer has landed a lucrative contract to redact the memoirs of Adam Lang, the former UK Prime Minister. After dominating British politics for years, Lang has retired with his wife to the USA. He lives on an island, in luxurious, isolated premises complete with a security detail and a secretarial staff. Soon, Adam Lang gets embroiled in a major scandal with international ramifications that reveals how far he was ready to go in order to nurture UK's "special relationship" with the USA. But before this controversy has started, before even he has closed the deal with the publisher, the ghost-writer gets unmistakable signs that the turgid draft he is tasked to put into shape inexplicably constitutes highly sensitive material. "


I love a good thriller, and this definitely one of them. Ewan McGregor never fails to impress wit his skill or beauty. Pierce Brosnan also didn't suck, which was a surprising turn  of events. I'm not the biggest fan of his, and I think they probably could've found a better actor to play his part, but he did his job. The rest of the cast was great. The story was solid and interesting, never a dull moment. You really didn't know who were the good guys and who were the bad guys until the end. I do have to say *Spoiler Alert* that I did suspect the wife for parts of the film, but I really didn't know for sure what was going to happen until the end.

I really hate how good Roman Polanski is at making films,because damn he's a bad man. I'm actually extremely surprised he can still get people to be in his films. I think if I was ever offered a job with him I'd definitely have to take a deep long think about it.

This film was thrilling and suspenseful. A great story and great writing. Overall I'll give it a 8/10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Invisible Man

IMDB: 7.1 /10 Rotten Tomatoes: 91%(critics), 88%(audience) Director:  Leigh Whannell Writers:  Leigh Whannell Stars:  Elisabeth Moss, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Harriet Dyer, Aldis Hodge, Storm Reid Release Date:  28 February 2020 It's an absolute tragedy that this movie was released when it was because so many people(myself included) did not get to experience this movie in theatres, and unfortunately, I think a lot of people will miss it altogether because it didn't get the exposure it should have. I personally decided to pay the $20 to watch it on demand at the beginning of the pandemic, and I was glad to have the escape from reality.  I think if I had gone into this film realizing that it was from the team who brought us Paranormal Activity, and other horror movies that were way too scary for me to watch or enjoy, I think I would've run away screaming. But, thankfully my love of Elisabeth Moss and the fact that I assumed it was a thriller, made me comfortable eno...

Promising Young Woman

  IMDB: 7.5 /10 Rotten Tomatoes: 91%(critics), 87%(audience) Director:  Emerald Fennell Writers:  Emerald Fennell Stars: Carey Mulligan, Bo Burnham, Alison Brie, Laverne Cox Release Date:  25 December 2020 Warning: All of the spoilers ahead. Can I just say how incredible it is that this is a debut feature from Emerald Fennell? I think age is a benefit in that fact, because it's so obvious how completely clear of a vision she had in her head for this film, and she executed that vision so brilliantly.  This is definitely my favourite film of 2020, and there is so much to love about it. First of all, it is definitely the best "Me Too" film to come out of the movement so far, there have been a lot of interesting projects out recently that tackle consent and all kinds of other questions around the reckoning of 2017, such as The Assistant, and the absolutely brilliant show, I May Destroy You, but I think that unlike the other movies, this was able to have a particula...

Top 10 Directors

This weeks list topic is Top 10 Directors. I found this list very difficult because most of these directors who have created different worlds that have changed our lives, or taught us something about ourselves that we didn't know beforehand.  10.) Sam Mendes I think most people have actually not heard of Sam Mendes, although his name is getting a lot of coverage lately for the amazing job he did on the most recent Bond film  Skyfall .  He's actually only Directed 9 films so far, but all of them have been pretty well-known and extremely well recieved.  American Beauty ,  Road to Perdition ,  Jarhead ,  Revolutionary Road , etc. Since  American Beauty  is one of my very favorite films of all time, I had to allow him to make it onto this list. Like I said, he's only done a few films but thats incredibly exciting because he definitely got some serious potential, and after seeing his most recent film,  Skyfall , I can only assume its going...